Ambient lighting issue – settings available but nothing lights up

Hi, I have a question about the ambient lighting in my car.

In the settings menu, I can choose the ambient lighting color and adjust its brightness. The door handles also look like they should have illuminated diamond-pattern inserts. However, nothing lights up at all.

Is it possible that the menu includes the ambient lighting settings and the door handles are ok
, but my car actually isn’t equipped with ambient lighting?

I’ve already checked it in complete darkness, but there’s still no light.


No help I know, but my DS9 Rivoli+ is the same. I know there’s a option to turn them on, change colour and brightness, but nothing I do turns them on.

That’s why I’m wondering if something is missing, if the feature has somehow been disabled, or if it’s simply possible to have the correct door handles and the ambient lighting settings in the menu, but still not actually have ambient lighting installed.

I had my DS9 in at DS Stafford last Thursday for an interim oil change but also for them to check an intermittent Air Con fault as well as the ambient lighting mentioned above. On the way (a journey of about 44 miles) I had a EML light and the red spanner con with a warning of cruise control failure.
I told them about it and they believe all three faults may be connected due to a possible fault/damage in a wiring loom somewhere because of the multiplexing though the can bus. Now I know there’s a lot of ifs and maybes there, but they’re having it in for two days next month so they have strip the interior and look for the fault. Thankfully, it’s still under the used car sales warranty!

My DS7 Rivoli has the ambient lighting settings, and while the interior door handles are lit up, and the brightness setting does change how bright the light is, the colour setting does nothing.

Hi,
I have same issue with door handles.
Would updating the bsi software help in solving the problem?

My DS9 has been to DS Stafford now and they were able to locate and fix the damaged wiring loom. They believe at some point before I had the car, the front passenger door card had been removed for some unknown reason and not replaced correctly, causing the wire to be pinched and eventually worn through. This caused the whole ambient lighting to fail and caused intermittent faults on other systems because of the extensive use of multiplexing.

1 Like